Tiny Toons' Night Ghoulery is a one-hour special parodying various Halloween movies and stories, as well as the program Night Gallery. It was originally intended to premiere in October of 1994, but first aired 28 May 1995 on Fox.
- "The Tell-Tale Vacuum" - Plucky expresses a phobia towards Hamton's vacuum cleaner and proceeds to destroy it, deeply regretting it afterwards.
- "Sneezer the Sneezing Ghost" - Witch Hazel demands that Furrball catch Sneezer the sneezing ghost, but Furrball liquidates himself trying.
- "The Devil Dog on the Moors" - The locals of the Moors are scared by the presence of the Demon Dog, of which Babs has never heard. The Demon Dog turns out to be Byron Basset.
- "Daniel Webfoot and the Devil" - Plucky, as Daniel Webfoot, heads to Montana Max's mansion to confront Satan and bring judgement to Monty, but his plan backfires.
- "Hold That Duck" - Plucky and Buster head to Horsehead Manor, which Plucky inherited from his uncle Mortimer. Plucky keeps seeing nasty creatures, while Buster notices nothing.
- "Night of the Living Dull" - Gogo Dodo and his friends from Wackyland are pursued by dealers and advertisers.
- "Frankenmyra and Dizzygor" - Elmyra, as Dr. Frankenmyra, has brought the materials to create her very own cuddly pet. When she activates the abomination, it makes a pet out of her in her style.
- "A Gremlin on a Wing" - During a flight, Plucky spots a Gremlin sabotaging the plane's wing and engine, and barely prevents the plane's destruction.
- The title is a parody of the series Night Gallery starring Rod Serling. The beginning of each episode had him stand next to a painting, explaining what it meant, then a story would go along with it.
- The opening scene is a parody of the Tim Burton film The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- In the theme song, for their Halloween costumes, Plucky is dressed as Freddy Krueger, Monty is dressed as J. Paul Getty, Gogo is "scary Soupy Sales", Hamton is Barney Rubble from The Flintstones, Shirley is Paula Abdul(?), and Fifi is Dot Warner from Animaniacs.
- "The Tell-Tale Vacuum" is a parody of The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe.
- "Sneezer the Sneezing Ghost" is a parody of Casper the Friendly Ghost.
- In "Sneezer the Sneezing Ghost", Furrball dresses as a Ghostbuster to catch Sneezer.
- "The Devil Dog on the Moors" is a parody of The Hound of the Baskervilles.
- "Fuel" is a parody of Steven Spielberg's 1971 directorial debut film Duel.
- "Daniel Webfoot" is a parody of the short story and film The Devil and Daniel Webster.
- "Hold That Duck" is a parody of Abbot and Costello's Hold That Ghost.
- "Night of the Living Dull" is a parody of the film Night of the Living Dead.
- "Frankenmyra and Dizzygor" is a parody of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
- "A Gremlin on a Wing" is a parody of the Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet".
- During this segment, Plucky does an imitation of the original star of that episode, William Shatner, as Captain Kirk from Star Trek.
- This is the final appearance of the TTA gang on TV, although Elmyra later appeared in the short-lived and ill-fated spin-off Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain, and the gang has made some appearances in comic books and video games that were released after this episode.
- This special was the last time that Don Messick voiced Hamton J. Pig. Messick died a little over two years after this special premiered.
- Beaver and Hoghead from Tiny Toon Spring Break make cameo appearances in "The Devil and Daniel Webfoot".
- Baloney the Dinosaur, a Barney parody from the Animaniacs episode "Baloney and Kids", makes a cameo appearance in "The Devil and Daniel Webfoot". Mr. Director from the same show also appears.
- Thaddeus Plotz appears as an airplane passenger in "A Gremlin on the Wing".
- The World's Biggest Tiny Toon Fan in "Night of the Living Dull" is based on Dennis Falk, an actual overly-obsessed fan the production team encountered while working on Tiny Toon Adventures. He was a stalker who sent Tress MacNeille disturbing letters, which caused her to fear for life and cancel any convention appearances she was planning to make around where he lives.
- In "Frankenmyra and Dizzygor", The Brain from Animaniacs and its spin-off Pinky and the Brain makes a brief cameo appearance. The Brain's cameo appearance, as well as Elmyra's following line, may be a possible foreshadowing of the ill-fated spin-off Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain. Gossamer is the creation.
- This special aired 27 October 2012 on the Vortex Saturday morning block on The CW (formerly The WB) at 8:30am EST.
- When aired on Fox, as well as the Hub Network, and on international broadcasts, for example, in Germany and Brazil, The Pumpkin Guy's song was cut out, as was the closing song, in favor of the "Tiny Toon Adventures Theme Song", with footage from both the opening and closing credits. This version is also on Hulu. Reruns on other networks keep The Pumpkin Guy's song.
- The car Calamity Coyote is driving is a 1971 Plymouth Valiant like the one in Duel.
- The animation was by Tokyo Movie Shinsa.
- This is the second TV special in which Bookworm didn't appear.
- Paddy returned in the 1997 video game Toonenstein: Dare to Scare.
- Babs does impressions of Rod Serling, Andy Rooney, Mary Tyler Moore, Roger Moore, The Church Lady from Saturday Night Live, Gene Shalit, and Beavis and Butt-head.
|Joe Alaskey||Plucky Duck|
|Tress MacNeille||Babs Bunny, Dot Warner|
|John Kassir||Buster Bunny|
|Don Messick||Hamton J. Pig, TV Executive|
|Cree Summer||Elmyra Duff, Uhura|
|Maurice LaMarche||Dizzy Devil, The Brain, Gossamer|
|Gail Matthius||Shirley the Loon|
|Kath Soucie||Li'l Sneezer, Fifi La Fume|
|Danny Cooksey||Montana Max|
|Frank Welker||Furrball, Gogo Dodo, Byron Basset, Calamity Coyote, Little Beeper, Gremlin|
|Ron Perlman||Mr. Scratch|
|Jim Cummings||Paddy, Villager, Announcer|
|Jeff Bennett||Shamus, The Pumpkin Guy, The World's Biggest Tiny Toon Fan|
|June Foray||Witch Hazel|
- The Pumpkin Guy's Song:
- "Tonight's my night, I'm the Pumpkin Guy,
- on all Hallow's Eve, I'll fly through the sky,
- but alas and alack, I'm bored out of my skull,
- my once favorite holiday has grown so dull!
- It's tired, trite, and also routine,
- I crave different thrills on this Halloween.
- I wonder what hides beyond this door,
- It just might be what I'm looking for."
- Babs Bunny: "Case in point: the most gruesome, heart-stoppingly horrific image ever to be framed..." (Unveils the picture) "It's my third grade school photo! AAAAH!" (Kicks the photo out) "But I digress. Here's something 'almost' as frightening..."
- (Gogo and his friends open a door, trying to escape from the haunted house, but the World's Biggest Tiny Toons Fan is at the door)
- World's Biggest Tiny Toons Fan: "In the cartoon, The Amazing Three, there was a slight flutter on Fifi's face in scene C43, and I wanted to know if that was a deliberate in-joke, or just a mistake. And when is Fifi gonna get her own series?"
- (Gogo and his friends scream in fear)
- Elmyra: "My ultimate petsy-wetsy is almost complete! All that's missing is... The Bwain! Dizzygor, give me the Bwain!"
- (Dizzygor empties a jar that holds Brain, of Pinky and the Brain fame, inside it)
- Brain: "The obvious nature of this pun belittles us all."
- Elmyra: "Ooh! I'll play with you later!"
The Brain Appears Courtesy of
- Byron: "Woof."
- To read the transcript for this episode, click here.
Main article: Tiny Toons' Night Ghoulery/Gallery
Home Video Releases