|Tiny Toon Adventures|
|Season 1, Episode 57|
|Babs as Tinkerbunny, preparing to clean up the garbage|
|Air date||February 14, 1991|
|Written by||Sherri Stoner, M.D. Sweeney, Jim Reardon|
|Directed by||Ken Boyer|
|Gag credit||Don't forget kids - Recycle!|
|End tag||Gogo: "It's been surreal!"|
Son of the Wacko World of Sports
You Asked For It Again
Pollution Solution is the 57th episode of Tiny Toon Adventures.
In the second act, after Buster and Babs recycle their garbage, they decide to go somewhere majestic.
In the third act, Babs plants a tree and hopes to find a place that's pollution-free.
No Deposit, No Return of the Trash Bag Dispenser
Plucky is doing some spring cleaning in his swamp, when he notices that someone is littering the swamp with tin cans that can easily be recycled. The litterbug is Elmyra Duff, who is feeding her captive pets mud pies from the cans. Plucky dresses as the Trash Bag Dispenser to teach Elmyra the dangers of littering. As he tries to talk to her, she accidentally drops one of her mud pies on him. She notices him and starts to play with him as if he were a doll. He tries to tell her that she is littering his swamp, but she doesn't listen to him. She puts him on a changing table and attempts to diaper him while he tries to escape. He appears in a boxing ring and is humiliated to find out he has been diapered in front of thousands of people.
Back at his swamp, Plucky asks Elmyra if she knows how long it will take for disposable diapers to biodegrade. She asks, "Is that a riddle?" and Plucky tells her that it is litter and litter is bad. He tries to teach her to separate her recyclable garbage, such as tin cans, but she still doesn't listen to him. He asks her what she will listen to if she won't listen to him, and she tells him, "Television". Plucky uses a cardboard television and Mr. Science, a hand puppet of a beaker with glasses and a lab coat to teach her that it's up to everyone to recycle their garbage. Under the advice of Mr. Science, Elmyra decides to recycle from now on, but she doesn't know how. Plucky tells her first to separate it, then put it in an environmentally safe trash compactor (Dizzy Devil), then send it off to the Acme Recycling Center. Elmyra finds Dizzy cute and attempts to hug him, but Plucky gets eaten and spit out as she hugs Dizzy. Little Beeper, who works at the Acme Recycling Center, takes the compacted Plucky away.
It's a hot day in Acme Acres and global warming is causing the polar ice caps to melt. Buster rescues a family of penguins and gives them shelter in his burrow while he tries to figure out what's causing the heat wave. He talks to Babs and tells her they have to go to Acme Looniversity to find out the cause of the heat wave. After doing some research, Bookworm shows the two bunnies on his computer that the destruction of the Acme Rainforest is the cause of global warming.
A giant scorpion-shaped robot is destroying the rainforest. Buster and Babs go inside the robot and find out that each tree was cut down to make one elevator button a piece, and the rest of the trees were used to power the robot. The robot's owner is none other than millionaire Ronald Grump. Ronald's plan is to destroy the rainforest, sell the elevator buttons (similar to Montana Max in the Toxic Revenger shorts), and when the rainforest is clear, he will have the world's largest front yard. Buster and Babs explain that millions of animals are losing their homes, and that the robot's smoke is causing global warming. Ronald doesn't care and attempts to eject the bunnies from his robot, but Buster ejects him instead. He and Babs take over the robot and attempt to destroy his home. Ronald finally knows how the animals feel about losing their homes and tells the bunnies to stop. They agree to stop the machine under the condition that he plant new trees on his own.
Back at Acme Acres, Buster goes into his burrow to check on the penguin family. The air conditioner is set to arctic cold and the penguins redecorate. Buster freezes up, and the baby penguin says, "He's speechless."
Waste Deep in Wackyland
Montana Max is on the news, introducing them to his new pollution-free, environmentally safe factory. His motto is, "Give a hoot, don't leave garbage lying around!". What the media doesn't know is that Monty is dumping his factory waste in Wackyland.
At Wackyland, Gogo Dodo is fishing and finds out Wackyland is being polluted. He tells his friends to evacuate, and so they do. He finds Montana Max and puts him on trial. The jury (which consists of Gogo's clones) find Monty guilty and Gogo attempts to behead him. Montana Max agrees to clean up Wackyland, and so he does. Buster and Babs end the cartoon with the moral of the story, "Pollution Stinks!"
|Charlie Adler||Buster Bunny, The Elephant|
|Tress MacNeille||Babs Bunny, The Baby Penguin|
|Joe Alaskey||Plucky Duck, The Turtle|
|Danny Cooksey||Montana Max|
|Cree Summer||Elmyra Duff|
|Maurice LaMarche||Dizzy Devil|
|Candi Milo||Sweetie Bird|
|Frank Welker||Gogo Dodo, Little Beeper|
|Roger Bumpass||Ronald Grump, The Snowman|
|Kath Soucie||The Mother Penguin|
- Elmyra: "Mr. Turtle Baby Head Man not hungry-ungry?"
- Turtle: "I hope my family isn't watching this episode."
- Buster: Anybody got Noah's number? I wanna book a reservation.
- Buster (After ejecting Ronald Grump): "Well, all them hours of video games sure paid off."
- Babs: "Hey, Buster, if this is the rainforest, how come it hasn't rained once since we got here?"
- (It begins to rain)
- Buster: "You had to ask."
- Gogo (While fishing): "I haven't had a bite all day." (A pair of chattering teeth bites his tail feathers) "That's better." (Deep voice) "Lame puns are pound for pound, your best entertainment value."
- Gogo (Riding the WB Logo): "Row, row, row your logo, quickly as you can!"
- The episode segment, No Deposit, No Return of the Trash Bag Dispenser, specifically it's title, is a reference to the 1976 film, No Deposit, No Return.
- Ronald Grump, the main antagonist of the episode segment, Jungle Bungle is a parody of the millionaire and future President of the United States, Donald Trump.
- In the episode segment, Waste Deep in Wackyland, Montana Max's motto is "Give a hoot, don't leave garbage lying around", a parody of Woodsy Owl's motto, "Give a hoot, don't pollute!"
- In the opening wraparound, when Buster first appears, he is carrying two brooms. The very next scene, the second broom (which he hands to Babs in the scene after) turns into a rake. The scene after that, the rake turns back into a broom.
- In the episode segment, No Deposit, No Return of the Trash Bag Dispenser, Plucky's alter-ego is the Trash Bag Dispenser. Plucky's alter ego when cleaning up other's messes is usually The Toxic Revenger, a parody of the Toxic Avenger, as seen in the episodes, Looking Out For The Little Guy, You Asked For It, Part II, Strange Tales of Weird Science, and the Buster's Hidden Treasure video game.
- In the episode segment, Jungle Bungle, Buster mentions booking a reservation on Noah's Ark. He and Babs would later appear in the Animaniacs cartoon, Noah's Lark as the two bunnies that board the Ark.
- Li'l Sneezer is listed in this episode's end credits, although he does not appear in this episode.
- To read the transcript for this episode, click here