|Tiny Toon Adventures|
|Season 1, Episode 64|
|Air date||26 February 1991|
|Written by||Paul Dini, Sherri Stoner, Tom Ruegger|
|Directed by||Kent Butterworth, Art Leonardi, Ken Boyer|
|Gag credit||This is episode number 65 - Just in case you're counting|
|End tag||Dizzy: "Show over!"|
No Toon Is an Island
K-Acme TV is the 64th episode of Tiny Toon Adventures. It was written by Paul Dini, Sherri Stoner, and Tom Reugger, and directed by Kent Butterworth, Art Leonardi, and Ken Boyer.
- 1 Wraprounds
- 2 Sketches
- 2.1 Tinkerbunny's Wonderful World of Make Believe and Learning Fun
- 2.2 Plucky's Unlucky Worms Commercial
- 2.3 Gyp-Parody
- 2.4 I Love Dizzy
- 2.5 Calvin Acme's Depression Commercial
- 2.6 Super Plucky-o Bros Commercial
- 2.7 Honey, I Shrunk the Clothes Trailer
- 2.8 Toon Court
- 2.9 The Blunder Years
- 2.10 Nature World
- 2.11 Ralph
- 2.12 Wackyland Travel Log
- 2.13 The Search for Bigbutt
- 2.14 Frightline Bumper
- 2.15 Attack of the 50 Foot Girl
- 2.16 The Acme Home Cartoon Kit Commercial
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Cast
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Gag Credits
- 7 Transcript
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Home Video Releases
Tinkerbunny's Wonderful World of Make Believe and Learning Fun
Babs as Tinkerbunny is the host of a children's TV show which is a combination of Mister Roger's Neighborhood and Pee-wee's Playhouse, with Plucky as Dr. Genius, as they try to teach viewers about rain.
Plucky's Unlucky Worms Commercial
In a parody of Jeopardy with Buster Bunny as the host, the competitors are Elmyra Duff (who fails to give any question that doesn't involve bunnies), Dizzy Devil (who eats his podium), and Calamity Coyote (who knows all the questions to the answers, but his buzzer refuses to work).
I Love Dizzy
In a parody of I Love Lucy, Dizzy Devil gets a job at a cake factory. When production speeds up, he eats all the cakes and is fired.
Calvin Acme's Depression Commercial
Fifi stars in this perfume commercial, a parody of Calvin Klein's Obsession, with her smell driving everyone, including the perfume bottle, away from her.
Super Plucky-o Bros Commercial
Plucky stars in this commercial for Super Plucky-o Bros, a parody of the hit Nintendo game Super Mario Bros.
Honey, I Shrunk the Clothes Trailer
In a trailer for a parody of the 1989 Disney movie Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Hamton and Gogo get a job at the Acme Laundromat and accidentally shrink the clothes, including Fifi's dress.
In a parody of The People's Court, Calamity Coyote unsuccessfully sues the Acme Corporation for negligence and faulty workmanship.
The Blunder Years
In a parody of The Wonder Years, Hamton looks back on his childhood as a terrible baseball player in Acme Looniversity's baseball game against Perfecto Prep. He likes to play baseball, but he just plain stinks at it.
Elmyra discovers porcupines. When she finds one, she tries to hug it, but it is very sharp, and the pain sends her up into space. The porcupine, who has now lost all his quills, snickers like Muttley.
Ralph is lying on a couch and says, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful," and then gets hit with a cream pie. This is a parody of "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful" from Pantene commercials.
Wackyland Travel Log
An anthropomorphic log visits Wackyland. He drives a speeding propellered vehicle, and heads towards a drawbridge, being drawn by an anthropomorphic pencil. He falls off the unfinished bridge and Gogo puts him on trial. He finds the log guilty and sentences him to hard time in the wacky catacomb. Later, Gogo wants to know who the letters Y and U are.
The Search for Bigbutt
Buster and Plucky are on the search for the legendary Bigbutt. They interview an old prospector who resembles Yosemite Sam. The prospector tells them that he saw Bigbutt when he was looking for gold as a kid in 1909. Elmyra finds Bigbutt, but he is one of the few animals she doesn't think is cute and cuddly.
In a parody of Ted Koppel's Nightline, a man says, "Good evening, I'm Fred Dopple and this is Frightline." He then removes his face, revealing a monster face, and puts his original face back on as he says "Scary, isn't it?"
Attack of the 50 Foot Girl
In a parody of Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman, Elmyra is fifty feet tall and scares the citizens of Acme Acres away. She hugs the buildings, but just as she is hugging them, Buster and Babs interrupt the movie to advertise the Acme Home Cartoon Kit.
The Acme Home Cartoon Kit Commercial
Buster and Babs interrupt Attack of The 50 Foot Girl, advertising the Acme Home Cartoon Kit to anyone who wants to star their own syndicated cartoon series.
- The game show Gyp-Parody would later be used in Animaniacs in the Pinky and the Brain cartoon "Win Big", where Brain competed to win enough money to buy the parts for an invention that would take over the world.
- In "Wackyland Travel Log", Gogo's full name is given as Gogo Wackston the Dodo.
- The end credits' gag credit is somewhat inaccurate. K-Acme TV was meant to be the season finale for Season 1, but "High Toon" was held up during production, making it the season finale instead.
- In the box Babs dumps out for the Acme Home Cartoon kit, the writers, artists, and execs are all caricatures of the various writing and art staff for the show and the execs. Also Steven Spielberg appears in the end.
- The NES sound effects from Super Mario Bros. were reused in "Super Plucky-O Bros."
- In "The Blunder Years", Sylvester is mistakenly given Furrball's color scheme.
- Montana Max is credited, but does not appear in this episode.
|Charlie Adler||Buster Bunny, Cake Factory Manager, Additional Voices|
|Tress MacNeille||Babs Bunny, Additional Voices|
|Cree Summer||Elmyra Duff|
|Joe Alaskey||Plucky Duck, Steven Spielberg, Bobbo Acme, Additional Voices|
|Frank Welker||Furrball, Gogo Dodo, Ralph the Guard, Announcer, Travel Log, Fred Doppel, Additional Voices|
|Maurice LaMarche||Dizzy Devil, Additional Voices|
|Gail Matthius||Shirley the Loon, Additional Voices|
|Kath Souci||Fifi La Fume, Additional Voices|
|Candi Milo||Sweetie Bird, Additional Voices|
|Don Messick||Hamton J. Pig, Announcer, Older Hamton, Porcupine, Additional Voices|
|Danny Cooksey||Montana Max|
- Jeff Bergman - Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Prospector, Additional Voices
- Buster: "Hiya, toonsters. If you're like us, you look at all the junk that's on TV now and think, 'I can come up with better ideas than that!'"
- Babs: "In fact, you're probably saying it now."
- Buster: "Quiet!"
- Plucky: "It's more than a game... It's an obsession!"
- Elmer: "Foul!"
- Plucky: "Excuse me, sir. That's the pig. I'm the fowl."
- Hamton: "That summer, I learned a lot. I learned that my head was a magnet for baseballs."
- Gogo Dodo: "Hey, who are you?"
- Y: "Y."
- Gogo: "Because I want to know. That's why."
- U: "No, that's Y."
- Gogo: "Who are you?"
- U: "I'm U. Who are you?"
- Gogo: "Why?"
- U: "You mean him?"
- Gogo: "Who do you think you are?"
- R: "You r-r-r-rang?"
Honey I Shrunk the Clothes:
WARNER BROS. and AMBILIN ANIMATION CO-VENTURES in association with LOTS O' CASH PARTNERS IV present a TOM RUEGGER PRODUCTION of a KEN BOYER ART LEONARDI AND KENT BUTTERWORTH film - HAMTON J. PIG GOGO DODO in "HONEY I SHRUNK THE CLOTHES" Starring BUSTER BUNNY BABS BUNNY (No relation) MONTANA MAX PLUCKY DUCK CESAR ROMARO THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA LITTLE BEEPER CALAMITY COYOTE and Introducing EDDIE FITZGERALD as "MOOKIE"
APPEARANCE BY FIFI LA FUME as THE IRATE CUSTOMER Executive Producer G. WHO Written by THE USUAL GUYS Drawn by KEXX BYRON BARRY DEMELO AND THE REST OF THE GANG AT THE TINY TOONS CARTOONY FACTORY. Model colors figures out at great expense by BUNNY MUNNS Backgrounds by KARTHERINE and BRIAN Music by ONE OF BRUCE'S GUYS Based on the book "Crime and Punishment" by FEODOR DOSTOEVSKY Harried assistant to the harried producer DEBRA BLANCHARD AND KENNETH ROSS
Monitor PAUL STRICKLAND DOESN'T IT HURT YOUR EYES TO READ PRINT THIS TINY? Live Action Reference by SHERRI STONER Mildly disgusted with the whole thing TOM MINTON person with nothing better to do than to write this PAUL DINI THIS LINE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HIT FREEZE FRAME AND LOOK FOR SUSPECT MESSAGES Art Direction VINCENT VAN GOGH EDITED BY CUISINART MOST OF THE PEOPLE LISTED HERE HAD NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE MAKING OF THIS MOVIE THEY JUST LIKE SEEING THEIR NAMES
WHIZ BY AT ONE-TENTH OF A SECOND Hamton J. Pig appears courtesy of OSCAR MEYER INC. Gogo Dodo's hair by VEG-O-MATIC ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING AVAILABLE ON ELEVATOR P.A. SYSTEMS BE SURE AND BUY EVERY PRODUCT CONNECTED WITH THIS MOVIE OR YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE JACK WE'RE NOT KIDDING WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE Directed by KEN BOYER ART LEONARDI KENT BUTTERWORTH KENNEDY CARTOONS DON'T WASTE YOUR SEVEN BUCKS ON THIS HOUND SEE GRIM-LOONS 2 INSTEAD HI MOM
- To read the transcript of this episode, click here.
- Main article: K-Acme TV/Gallery
Home Video Releases