"Buzz off, Granny!"
This page has been unlocked to prevent unwanted edits.
If you feel that edits should be made on this page, then please contact any of this wiki's active administrators.
|Fowlmouth is a cartoon character from the Warner Bros. animated television series, Tiny Toon Adventures. He appears occasionally on the show. Fowlmouth is voiced by Rob Paulsen.|
Fowlmouth is a young, white male rooster, who wears a blue short-sleeved shirt and black and gray high tops. He attends Acme Looniversity and lives in Acme Acres. Fowlmouth is based on his mentor and favorite teacher, the loud and pompous Foghorn Leghorn, though speaking in a New Yorker accent as opposed to a Southern United States accent. His high-pitched voice and angry temperament are also reminiscent of Foghorn's occasional rival, Henery Hawk.
When he is introduced in the Test Stress episode segment, To Bleep Or Not To Bleep, he appears to have a mellow personality, but in reality he has a tendency to explode into bleeped out graphic swearing in less-than-favorable situations and also seems to let off swear words for no reason at all when he talked. Buster Bunnyremarks, "Fowlmouth swears so much, his beak has been declared a toxic waste dump." Fowlmouth is later cured of this habit per request (in order to score a date with Shirley the Loon with whom he has a crush on), when his refusal to curse in front of babies is exploited. He has since replaced swearing with the euphemism, "Dad gum."
In the Season 2 episode, Buster And Babs Go Hawaiian, while the gang is having a luau inside a volcano, Plucky burns his feet from lava on the ground, continuously lifting up one foot after the other and shouting, "OW OW OW, OW OW OW...," in a rhythmical tone. This gives Foghorn Leghorn, Fowlmouth and two other roosters (who are all wearing Hawaiian shirts and leis and playing guitars, except for Foghorn who is orchestrating them) a new idea for some music, so they mimic Plucky's actions and sing the new "OW OW OW..." song. This marks the only time you see Fowlmouth and Foghorn together.
One of his biggest roles is in the direct-to-video movie, Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation, revealing he is still somewhat pushy and rude, especially in movie theaters, where he takes a reluctant Shirley to see Skunk No Phobia (a movie which Fowlmouth has already seen many times before) and he can't stop talking during the movie, making everyone in the theater boiling mad (including the characters "in" the movie).
In the Love Disconnection double-length episode segment, My Dinner With Elmyra, Fowlmouth and Dizzy tease Montana Max at Weenie Burger in front of many other Tiny Toons for being on a date with Elmyra Duff, singing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song together about them, infuriating an already embarrassed Monty.
In one of the many songs performed from the episode, Toon TV, titled Video Game Blues, Fowlmouth trades vocals with a video-game obsessed Plucky as he fights martians through a game at the arcade.
Fowlmouth is very outspoken, which is indicated in the Tiny Toons Sing! CD by his lyrics: "Now some dudes say I'm filled with aggression, but dad gum it, dad gum it, that's only self expression. They shout, 'Yo, Fowlmouth, ya better button that beak', and I say, 'Dad gum it, you pencil-neck geek'."
- "Dad gum."
- "Well...Hiya, Casanova."
- "Listen heres, I'm in (bleeped explicit) love. I got to get Shirley to be my lovebird. Help me...Will ya, will ya?"
- "Ah, dad gum it! I spilled (bleeped explicit) milk all over my (bleeped explicit) feathers. I mean, if I had a nickel for every (bleeped explicit) time I spilled something on my clothes, I'd be a rich (bleeped explicit) guy. I don't believe it. I got (bleeped explicit) lunch all soggy and...(burps) Pardon me."
- "Goobers or raisinettes? Goobers or raisinettes? Ain't that the eternal question?" (then gets booted out of line by the angry customer he skipped) "Guess I'll never know the eternal answer."
- "Dad gum (bleeped explicit)!"
- "Aw (bleeped explicit) Buster look what I did! (bleeped explicit)! Now Shirly will (bleeped explicit) never give me the time of date."
- "That scene really scared me the first time I saw it." (at the theater watching his favorite film, Skunk No Phobia)
- Episode 4: Test Stressed -- Episode segment: To Bleep or Not To Bleep (Main protagonist)
- Episode 17: Prom-ise Her Anything -- (Cameo)
- Episode 62: Here's Hamton -- Episode segment: Milk, It Makes a Body Spout (Cameo)
- Episode 68: Elephant Issues -- Episode segment: Why Dizzy Can't Read (Brief cameo from behind)
- Episode 69: Hog-Wild Hamton -- (Minor role)
- Episode 71: Toon Physics -- Episode segment: The Year Book Star (Cameo)
- Episode 73: Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian -- (Cameo)
- Episode 75: Love Disconnection -- Prologue before the episode segment: My Dinner Date with Elmyra (Cameo), Episode segment: My Dinner Date With Elmyra (Minor role), Episode segment: The Amazing Three (Brief cameo from behind)
- Episode 79: Thirteensomething -- (Brief background cameo: Head and face shown)
- Episode 80: New Class Day -- Prologue before the episode segment: A Night in Kokomo (Cameo)
- Episode 90: Toon TV -- Music video segment: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy / Russian Dance (Video Game Blues) (Vocals only)
- Episode 92: Music Day -- Episode segment: The Horn Blows At Lunchtime (Brief background cameo)
- Episode 93: The Horror of Slumber Party Mountain -- (Cameo: Still image of head and face shown)
- Episode 95: Weekday Afternoon Live -- (Cameo: A full-screen still image is shown and a brief scene of him from To Bleep or Not to Bleep is shown)
- How I Spent My Vacation -- (Main sub-plot role)
- Tiny Toon Spring Break -- (Minor role)
- 1992 Japanese import audio CD of Tiny Toons Sing! -- Song: Tiny Toons Rap (Vocals only)
- Tiny Toon Adventures Season 1, Volume 1 DVD -- Introductory narration (Vocals only)
Appearances outside of Tiny Toon Adventures
- Animaniacs -- Episode 54: Meet Minerva (Vocals only)
- In the 20th episode, You Asked for It, when Plucky displays his machine in the prologue for the episode segment, Debutante Devil, a younger counterpart for Foghorn Leghorn is shown and it is not Fowlmouth. This incarnation resembles a young version of Foghorn, including having a wattle (which Fowlmouth does not have) and not wearing any clothes (Fowlmouth's normal attire consists of a blue shirt and high tops). According to series creator, Tom Ruegger, no one could muster enough enthusiasm for the character so he was dropped, and the staff came up with Fowlmouth.
- Fowlmouth is briefly shown in Here's Hamton, in the episode segment, Milk, It Makes A Body Spout, when Buster and Plucky scout the Acme Loo cafeteria for someone to judge which one of them is funnier. He is shown not wearing any shoes and having grey feet with a large black stripe across his toes on both feet. He appears to be in one of his rages (similar to his debut episode) directed at a snake student. Why he is upset at the student and if he is cursing or not is unknown (though, he is not likely cursing since he was supposedly cured of that habit in his debut episode as well). He is also briefly shown laughing with other Acme Loo students at Plucky's joke.
- According to "Comics Scene" magazine issue # 17, before they settled with the name "Fowlmouth", he was originally going to be named "Giblet".
- Main article: Fowlmouth/Gallery