"Buzz off, Granny!"
This page has been locked to prevent unwanted edits.
If you feel that edits should be made on this page, then please contact any of this wiki's active administrators.
|Arnold the Pit Bull is a cartoon character from the Warner Bros. animated television series, Tiny Toon Adventures. He appears occasionally on the show. Arnold is voiced by Rob Paulsen.|
Arnold is a white, male pit bull, who is usually shown wearing sunglasses. He lives in Acme Acres. Arnold is one of the few characters on "Tiny Toons" not directly modeled after another existing Warner Brothers character. Arnold is loosely based on Arnold Schwarzenegger and Hanz and Franz from SNL, and he speaks similar to them as well.
Arnold is extremely vain and enjoys being the center of attention by the ladies. He is a large bodybuilder who loves working out and admiring his huge muscles. In the Buster Bunny Bunch episode segment, Buffed Bunny, he owns a gym called "Arnold's Pump You Up Gym, We Pump You Up And Spit You Out." Buster goes there once when he mistakenly thinks Babs wanted him to be buff like Arnold, as depicted in the billboard he thinks she is looking at (she is actually looking at the one underneath that shows a hunk of carrot cake). He is forced to do unusually harsh labor at Arnold's command, but Bugs Bunny talks some sense into Buster, which helps him outsmart the Pit Bull bully (leading a furious Arnold into a steam room and then turning up the heat full blast, causing Arnold to shrink many times his size into a miniature version of himself).
He sometimes appears as an authority figure such as a lifeguard, zoo keeper, bouncer or a security guard (even at times for Montana Max). Usually in these episodes, he appears as an antagonist to Buster, Babs and other Tiny Toons, but he ends up getting bested by them in one way or another. He is belittling and cruel to the others, considering them as "puny weaklings" beneath him in intellect and strength. He has a quick temper and in fits of anger, he will destroy everything in his path. However, there are times in which he seems to get along well with everyone else, such as traveling with them on spring break to Ft. Lauderdale in Tiny Toon Adventures: Spring Break Special and going to their prom with his date, Arnolda (a female version of Arnold), in Prom-ise Her Anything.
In the It's Buster Bunny Time episode segment, Lifestyles of the Rich and Rotten, Arnold mentions that he is from Romania (which also explains his accent) and should move back there because it is safer, as a furious Monty chases him with a mallet for failing to stop Buster and Babs from entering his property and causing a lot of havoc and destruction.
- "Hear me now and see me next week."
- "I hurt you. I mess you up. I make you not there."
- "I would rather you didn't see me now." (after being shrunken by Buster Bunny in the steam room)
- "Smell my words and hear my breath, wimpy pool person, make yourself useful and refill the pool!"
- "Don't you argue with me, you scrawny little nothing person!"
- "I see you've met Arnolda. She's the only girl I know who's better looking than me."
- "Since you are here, don't let this pig eat like a pig and then swim and cramp up!"
- "Birdies, birdies, love little birdies. Got to eat birdies!" (after being hypnotized by Furrball to eat Sweetie)
From the Tom Ruegger interview (creator of Tiny Toon Adventures):
Interviewer "Not every Tiny Toon was based on a Looney Tunes character. What was the thinking behind adding a character based on Shirley MacLaine, or one based on Arnold Schwarzenegger? (Though Arnold the Pit Bull was kind of based more on Hanz and Franz from SNL...)"
Tom Ruegger "At that time, in the news, the pit bull had become well-known as a fierce breed, and we wanted to establish a sizable heavy for Furrball, so we went with the pit bull. The Arnold voice was provided by Rob Paulsen, who was our utility infielder on Tiny Toons, and was to become one of the big voice stars on Animaniacs. Of course, the pit bull evolved and appeared as a heavy in other cartoons featuring other Tiny Toon characters." []
- Episode 1: The Looney Beginning -- (Cameo)
- Episode 5: The Buster Bunny Bunch -- Episode segment: Buffed Bunny (Main antagonist)
- Episode 9: It's Buster Bunny Time -- Episode segment: Lifestyles of the Rich and Rotten (Supporting role)
- Episode 17: Prom-ise Her Anything -- (Minor role)
- Episode 23: Wake Up Call of the Wild -- Episode segment: It's a Jungle Out There (Supporting role )
- Episode 28: The Wacko World of Sports -- Episode segment: Bleacher Bummer (Supporting role)
- Episode 38: Strange Tales of Weird Science -- Episode segment: Pit Bullied (Supporting role)
- Episode 46: Ask Mr. Popular -- Episode segment: Dapper Diz (Cameo)
- Episode 48: Mr. Popular's Rules of Cool -- Episode segment: Mr. Popular's Rules of Cool (Minor role)
- Episode 56: Son of the Wacko World of Sports -- Episode segment: Buster at the Bat (Cameo)
- Episode 58: You Asked for It Again -- Episode segment: Elmyra at the Mall (Supporting role)
- Episode 59: Brave Tales of Real Rabbits -- Episode segment: Day for Knight (Minor role)
- Episode 64: K-Acme TV -- (Cameo)
- Episode 66: Pledge Week -- Episode segment: Lifeguard Lunacy (Main role)
- Episode 73: Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian -- (Cameo)
- Episode 75: Love Disconnection -- Episode segment: The Amazing Three (Cameo)
- Episode 98: It's a Wonderful Tiny Toons Christmas Special -- (Cameo)
- Spring Break Special -- (Minor role)
- Arnold appears in most of the Tiny Toon Adventures video games, sometimes as an enemy and sometimes as a boss.
- 1992 Japanese import audio CD of Tiny Toons Sing! -- Song: Tiny Toons Rap (Vocals only), Song: Don't Worry be Happy (Vocals only)
Main article: Arnold the Pit Bull/Gallery